In the spirit of HAdm 4430 Introduction to Wines, Kate and I decided that each week we will sample another wine of choice. Truly, this is already proving to be a nice, enjoyable way to increase the knowledge that we're gaining in the classroom with practical experience. Afterall, Professor Mutkowski did ask us to "go home and practice!" I would never, ever want to let my professor down.We began our weekly sampling with a nice Robert Mondavi Riesling, Monterey County, CA 2007. We coupled the wine with some sweet and spicy Thai food -- fried rice and yellow curry. The pair was simply divine. We decided to keep a log of all of the wines that we try, most of which will be wines that we heard of during class and did not get to sample. When there is something particulaly noteworthy, I will post it here.
I highly recommend this riesling if you prefer a more dry, crisp, balanced wine. We tasted honey, apple, and citrus. It worked well with the spice. The only bad part was that we reached the bottom of the bottle! Price range: $9-13.
No comments:
Post a Comment