After Spring Break, ending senior year just seems to much more real. I find myself pushing homework and studying off to the side more than I ever would have before so that I can spend times with good friends.
Over break I spent some time in Arizona with a wonderful amiga, seeing what life is like post-Cornell. Life changes fast, and it only made me appreciate more what it is like to have these college years to worry about no one else other than ourselves. Responsibility in college is limited to our own well-being and futures. Any mistakes we make are likely only influence us and us alone. Once next year starts, I begin training for a career that will affect more than just myself. I become responsible to patients, both current and future. This is quite a scary thought.
As the end draws to a near, my fellow seniors and I are making a thousand plans for senior week. Dinners with professors, twilight cruises on the lake, a hell of a lot of drinking, and visits from friends abroad. I am excited for this time, and also to move on to a new year, but at the same time, I cannot help but to realize how much I am going to miss this amazing place.
Oh, how bittersweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment